We are a Roman Catholic school providing for the children and young people in our care, an excellence of education rooted in and sustained by the life and teachings of Jesus Christ and His Church.
We believe that:
- All are made in the image and likeness of God.
- All people are unique and of equal worth.
- A person’s worth cannot be measured but their successes should be celebrated.
- Each and every one of us is born for greatness; born to become the loving person God intended us to be.
- All need help and support in their journey of faith.
- Prayer and worship nourishes our relationship with God and each other.
- People grow through relationships that affirm, support, respect, trust and show not only tolerance but also forgiveness and reconciliation.
- Human flourishing occurs in community and not in isolation; all have responsibilities to themselves and to others.
- Strong working relationships between students, teachers and parents/carers helps to promote the welfare of individuals in community.
- Our gifts, talents and abilities are God given and should be used for the benefit of all.
- All have a contribution to make to our community and their differences enrich it.
- The whole person, body, mind and spirit should be educated.
- Learning should challenge so that potential is fulfilled and talents developed.
- Every child has the opportunity and right to learn.
- Everyone has the right to feel safe in school.
- Working with young people is more than a job – it is a vocation of service and a privilege.
- Our role as a Catholic school is to proclaim the Good News of the Gospel, the kerygma (as articulated by Pope Francis):
- Jesus Christ loves you; he gave his life to save you; and now he is living at your side every day to enlighten, strengthen and free you.
- Catholic Education aims to build the Kingdom of God based upon the model of Jesus as distributor of hope, justice and human wholeness.
- Our work is dedicated to doing Christ’s work for the Kingdom … captured in our school’s motto ‘In Christ We Serve’.
- Our Mission, values and beliefs form the basis of this Policy and which underpins all that we do.