Our Uniform Policy
School uniform plays a valuable role in contributing to the ethos of St. Cuthbert’s R.C. High School. It is compulsory that only those items stipulated within the uniform list (below) are permissible to be worn by our students. The official school uniform must be worn by all students who are on roll at St. Cuthbert’s R.C. High School at all times, without exception.
Full details of our school uniform and our uniform policy can be found on our website. Parents are strongly advised to consult our “Acceptable School Shoe” before purchasing school shoes.
Official School Uniform list
• Black blazer with school badge
• School tie
• White shirt, buttoned to the neck
• St. Cuthbert’s mid-grey knee-length skirt (with school badge) /mid grey trousers.
• Black tights (preferable)
• Black or white socks
• Tailored, full length mid-grey trousers (no skinny/tight trousers or jeans, track suit bottoms, culottes, ski pants, leggings or jeggings)
• Black shoes (school shoes must not display sports logo ie Nike, Adidas etc. on the actual shoe.
• Optional V-neck grey sweater
• Religious dress (plain black Hijab or turban)
• Jewellery and piercings - 1 pair of small studs in lower earlobe and wristwatch only (smart watches are not permitted)
• Red T-shirt or sweatshirt with school badge
• Plain black socks
• Plain black shorts or jogging pans
• Pumps or trainers (indoor)
• Boots or trainers (outdoor)
ALL ITEMS OF CLOTHING SHOULD BE CLEARLY MARKED WITH THE STUDENT’S NAME.
Please note: The colour of trousers and skirt is mid-grey; charcoal or black is not acceptable.
• Skirts must be knee-length.
• Shoes must be all black with a sensible heel. Boots, trainers, platform shoes, canvas shoes or leisure shoes are not acceptable. Parents are strongly advised to consult our website before purchasing school shoes. Students wearing incorrect footwear will be offered replacement shoes to borrow until appropriate footwear is worn. Failure to wear appropriate school shoes may result in the student working in isolation.